Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE) has released the much-awaited NEET UG Name Wise Merit List 2023. The provisional merit list has been made available for download on the official website of the Board. Aspirants who appeared for NEET UG-2023 under the All India Quota and belong to the UT of Jammu and Kashmir or Ladakh can now check their merit status in the list.
The release of the NEET UG Name Wise Merit List comes after the declaration of the NEET UG-2023 results by the National Testing Agency (NTA). JKBOPEE, in collaboration with the Department of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, had earlier notified a tentative Roll No-wise list based on the NEET data received. The list was issued through Notification No. 035-BOPEE of 2023 dated 06-07-2023 for the information of concerned candidates.
|Notification No.||035-BOPEE of 2023 dated 06-07-2023|
|NEET UG-2023 Results Declaration||By the National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Eligibility for Inclusion in UT Merit List||Candidates under All India Quota from UT of J&K/Ladakh who were not in Annexure-A & submitted documents|
|Online Registration & Document Verification||Schedule: 19.07.2023 to 23.07.2023|
|Noteworthy Observations||– Some candidates with deficient documents provisionally approved for counseling|
|– Gender corrections allowed until 29-07-2023|
|– Sports category list prepared for eligibility purposes only|
|– Candidates with CDP, Reserved, EWS, PwD certificates must submit valid ones|
|– No document submissions through E-mail/WhatsApp allowed|
|Provisional UT Merit List||Available for download (Annexure-A)|
|Sports Category List||Released (Annexure-B)|
|Representation Deadline||29-07-2023 (till 02:00 p.m.)|
|Counseling Schedule||To be notified separately on the official website|
Following the initial notification, candidates who appeared in NEET UG-2023 under the All India Quota but did not find their Roll Numbers in Annexure-A of the notification were advised to submit their documents to the Board. This step was taken to ensure their inclusion in the data of the Board for the purpose of preparation of the Provisional Merit List.
The schedule for online registration and document verification/updation was notified by the Board through Notification No. 041-BOPEE of 2023 dated 15.07.2023. Eligible candidates were required to register themselves and upload their documents on the BOPEE website (www.jkbopee.gov.in) between 19.07.2023 to 23.07.2023.
The Board has meticulously scrutinized the online registration forms and the documents uploaded by the candidates. Based on this scrutiny, the following observations have been made:
- Provisional Approval for Deficient Documents: Some candidates’ application forms were found deficient due to missing documents such as Domicile Certificate, Date of Birth (D.O.B.), 12th Class Marks Card, and Compulsory Service Bond for candidates belonging to UT of Ladakh, among others. These candidates have been granted provisional approval to participate in the Online Counseling process. However, they must submit all the deficient documents, along with other relevant documents required by the Colleges/Institutions, at the time of admission, if selected. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of their selection at their own risk and responsibility.
- Gender Correction: Candidates whose names are listed in Annexure-A are advised to check their Gender (Male/Female). If any corrections are necessary, they must communicate them to the Board through a physical application at the BOPEE office in Jammu or Srinagar by 29-07-2023 without fail.
- Sports Category: The Board has received a list of candidates who applied under the Sports Category from Secretary, J&K Sports Council, Srinagar/Jammu. A rank-wise list of such candidates has been prepared by the Board (Annexure-B). However, being listed in the sports category does not guarantee a seat claim. The ranking is solely for determining eligibility under the sports category, not for merit determination.
- CDP Category Certificate Correction: Candidates who have filled the CDP Category but uploaded an old certificate have been provisionally included in the PML. However, they must submit a fresh CDP Certificate with the correct Priority as per the prescribed format at the BOPEE Office in Jammu or Srinagar by or before 29th July 2023.
- Deficient Reserved Category Certificates: Candidates with deficient Reserved Category Certificates must submit valid Category Certificates physically at the BOPEE office by 29.07.2023 (02.00 p.m.) or they will be considered under Open merit.
- EWS Category Certificate Correction: Candidates who uploaded EWS Certificates as per the Central Format but not as per SRO 518 of 2019 have been provisionally included in the Provisional Merit List. However, they must submit their valid EWS Category Certificate physically by 29th July 2023 (till 02:00 p.m.) to avoid automatic conversion to the Open category.
- PwD Certificate Verification: Candidates who uploaded PwD Certificates on their own have been provisionally included in the Provisional Merit Lists. However, the genuineness of their PwD certificate shall be ascertained (wherever required) by the respective College Authority as per MCI/NMC/DCI guidelines during or after the time of admission. If found ineligible under this category at any later stage, the admission will be canceled.
It is essential to note that no document submission through E-mail/WhatsApp will be accepted by the Board.
The Provisional UT Merit List (PML) of candidates who completed the online registration and document upload process within the specified timeline has been notified as Annexure-A, while the list of candidates in the sports category is notified as Annexure-B.
Candidates who wish to make a representation regarding their position in the PML may do so up to 29.07.2023 (till 02:00 p.m.), and the Board will address them under rules. After this date, no representations or objections will be accepted, and the PML shall be considered final.
The candidature of some candidates has been rejected by the Board due to their NEET-UG 2023 scores falling below the cut-off score set by the National Testing Agency (NTA).